Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Zerrick is 1 year old!


Wow! time does fly! I can still remember bringing Zerrick home from the hospital and thinking Wow! I have five kids! Wow! How am I going to do this?! Wow! this nursing thing is never easy! Little did I know how fairly easy going this little guy would be over all- besides the sleepless nights, a couple ear infections and a few colds - it hasn't been too bad! (of course that's what all parents say looking back, right?!) To show that it hasn't been all easy breezy, I'll tell you about Zerrick's stubborn side: Zerrick finally got two teeth just a few days apart from each other at about 11 months old. He has been Mr. Gumby for soooo long that it is weird to finally see teeth in his mouth! He also started walking! Really walking! He started walking about 2 weeks ago (anything before that was just falling with style!) I was quite surprised that it took him that long since he had been so stiff legged and would pull himself up on things at 9 months. Actually the day that he took his first steps I was telling Zac that I thought Zerrick would never walk because he'd just bounce every time you would try to stand him up. I figured that Zerrick was just exerting his independence and showing off his stubborn side. Of course as I was talking to Zac, that is when Zerrick decided to up and walk. He took several good steps and has been getting more and more sure of himself ever since then. He walks half way across the room now. Such a little stinker!

I'll have to write more later because it's late - but we did have a fun 1st birthday party for this little guy! I'll have to share more later! It was a Pirate Party - Argh Matey!

1 comment:

Lara said...

I love the updates on your cute family.
Of course I'm not surprised to see what a fun, amazing mom you are...that birthday party looks like a lot of fun!